Privacy & Security Policy
PANDA is committed to protecting the privacy of personal and health information that is supplied to the agency in the course of carrying out its stated functions. PANDA is bound by State and Federal privacy legislation and has adopted the National Privacy Principles as the minimum standards in relation to the handling of personal and health information. The types of information we collect depend upon the circumstances in which it is collected. Some examples of personal information that we regularly collect are set out below.
COLLECTION OF HELPLINE CALL INFORMATION
- In accordance with the Health Records Act (2001) PANDA Staff and Volunteers will not retain any recorded identifying information relating to telephone calls. This means that all notes taken during a support call need to be shredded once the call has been concluded.
- Personal information is collected during the call process in order to support the provision of services.
- PANDA Staff and Volunteers will only use and disclose information for the primary or directly related purpose for which it was collected.
- De-identified and aggregated data on calls to the PANDA National Perinatal Anxiety & Depression Helpline may be used for internal and external research purposes that will guide service quality improvement and service development.
- PANDA Staff and Volunteers will only use and disclose information as authorised by law, including where it is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious threat to the wellbeing of any person.
- Requests for support via email will be responded to in the same way.
DONORS & SUPPORTERS
The types of personal information we typically collect about our donors and supporters may include:
- contact details such as your name, postal address, email address, phone numbers;
- your date of birth, gender, occupation;
- your employer details, if you participate in work place giving;
- a history of your donations, correspondences and other interactions with PANDA;
- your interests and opinions; and
- credit card or bank account details – please note we do not store any of these financial details.
Our database systems and files are protected from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure by maintaining up-to-date physical, computer and network security systems with appropriate firewalls, encryption technology and passwords to protect electronic copies of personal information.
We may use your personal information to send you information about perinatal anxiety and depression or to let you know about our programs, workshops, special events and fundraising programs. Each time we send you a direct marketing communication we will provide you with a simple way to ’opt out’ of receiving similar communications in the future.
INQUIRIES RELATED TO PRIVACY
Inquiries related to the management of personal and health information held by PANDA should be directed to the Chief Executive Officer of PANDA.
The Chief Executive Officer can be contacted at: email@example.com
Subject heading: Attn CEO RE: Privacy & Security Policy 810 Nicholson St North Fitzroy VIC 3068 PH: (03) 9481 3377
National Helpline: 1300 726 306 (Mon-Fri 9am - 7.30pm AEST/ADST)
PANDA will periodically review this Policy to ensure that it remains up-to-date. We reserve the right to make changes to this Statement from time to time without notice. The updated policy will be published on this page on our website.