Welcome to the Community Champions Resources page! This is where you can access resources to help you with your role and learn more about the program.
Guidelines and Understanding your role
It’s important to understand what activities you can take part in as a Community Champion volunteer. We have developed the following guides and ask that you spend some time reading through them:
- Understanding your role
- Guidelines for the Community Champions Program
- Guidelines for presenting your story > Coming soon
Taking care of yourself
It is really important to take care of yourself as a Community Champion. We encourage you to take part in activities as and when you can to fit in with you and your life.
You can connect and share ideas with other Community Champion through PANDA's Community Champions Facebook Group.
We will let you know via Facebook/email of any opportunities, PANDA campaigns, or other ways of getting involved as a Community Champion.
Keep us informed. It’s really important that you keep us informed about your activities as a Community Champion so that we can support you and continue to monitor, evaluate and promote the program.
opportunities in the local community that you want to get involved with please contact Fiona to discuss.
We want to support you in your activities. In some cases it may not be possible for PANDA to support certain activities due to limited resources or an activity being outside the scope of the program.
Thank you so much for being a part of the Community Champions team!
Telling your story
- Sharing your story on our website
- Speaking out to raise awareness (general info & template) > Coming soon
- Getting ready for a media interview
- Best practice guidelines for sharing your story to raise awareness of mental illness
- Responding to others stories
Support PANDA’s awareness raising activities
Create an event to raise awareness/fundraise for PANDA:
- Movie > Coming soon
- Luncheon/BBQ > Coming soon
- Hosting a sporting event >Coming Soon
- Taking part in a sporting event > Coming Soon
- School Fundraiser > Coming Soon
- Workplace > Coming Soon
- Advertising your event > Coming soon
- Public Liability Insurance Information > Coming soon
- Letter for sponsorship/raffle prizes template
Contacting the media
Remember to let us know before reaching out to the media so we can support you!
- Media release template > Coming soon
- How to reach out to editors > Coming soon